Heading to Coeur d’Alene and not sure what activities should top your list? Known as a haven for outdoor enthusiasts, this charming Idaho city is brimming with attractions and adventures.
Our guide will walk you through 19 must-do experiences in Coeur d’Alene that explore everything from scenic trails to captivating art galleries. Dive in – an unforgettable vacation awaits!
- Coeur d’Alene Lake is a must-visit destination for outdoor enthusiasts, offering activities such as boating, kayaking, swimming, fishing, and water sports.
- Tubbs Hill Nature Trails provide an idyllic setting for hiking and walking with stunning views of Lake Coeur d’Alene.
- The North Idaho Centennial Trail is perfect for biking or hiking along the Spokane River with breathtaking scenic overlooks of the lake.
Top Attractions in Coeur d’Alene
Coeur d’Alene Lake
Coeur d’Alene Lake’s natural beauty and scenic views provide a tranquil escape for every visitor. As one of the largest natural bodies of water in Idaho, it offers an array of fun-filled activities.
You can engage in boating, kayaking, or swimming for a refreshing aquatic adventure. Test your skills at fishing or get active with exhilarating water sports on this magnificent lake.
But don’t miss out on exploring its inviting beaches and hiking trails that offer equally enchanting experiences!
Tubbs Hill Nature Trails
Tubbs Hill Nature Trails, tucked away in Coeur d’Alene, offer the perfect escape for nature lovers. Immersed in lush vegetation and wildlife, these trails provide an idyllic setting for hiking, walking, or even birdwatching.
The well-maintained paths ensure that hikers of all skill levels can enjoy the beauty it has to offer.
Further enhancing your hike is the stunning view of Lake Coeur d’Alene visible from several points along the trails. Tubbs Hill Park surrounds these trails providing a complete outdoor experience.
Exploring this vast natural area is undoubtedly one of the top things to do when visiting North Idaho’s magnificent landscapes.
North Idaho Centennial Trail
The North Idaho Centennial Trail is a must-see for nature lovers in Coeur d’Alene. This popular biking trail stretches all the way to Spokane, Washington, offering breathtaking scenic overlooks of the shimmering Coeur d’Alene Lake.
Its part in the expansive 60-mile Centennial Trail system opens up possibilities for more than just biking; hikers and outdoor enthusiasts can also find their haven here. The path remains well-maintained year-round, ensuring everyone who treads or pedals on it enjoys a smooth journey amidst nature’s charming beauty.
Whether you’re into biking or hiking, this trail welcomes you with open arms!
Coeur d’Alene City Park and Independence Point
Coeur d’Alene City Park and Independence Point offer a stunning outdoor experience for visitors. The park provides opportunities for swimming in the crystal-clear waters of Coeur d’Alene Lake.
Children can enjoy a variety of play options, including playgrounds and open spaces for running around. With its scenic views and well-maintained grounds, Coeur d’Alene City Park and Independence Point are highly recommended by visitors looking to relax and enjoy nature’s beauty.
McEuen Park is one of the top attractions in Coeur d’Alene, known for being the ultimate playground in the area. With its beautiful location near downtown Coeur d’Alene and right on the shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene, this park offers something for everyone.
Families can enjoy the state-of-the-art playground equipment, including climbing structures and slides that will keep children entertained for hours. In fact, one Tripadvisor member’s son has been enjoying McEuen Park since he was two years old! Whether you’re looking to have a picnic with stunning lake views or play a game of basketball on one of the courts, McEuen Park is a must-visit destination in Coeur d’Alene.
Outdoor Activities in Coeur d’Alene
Experience the beauty of Coeur d’Alene by biking along the North Idaho Centennial Trail, hiking the Tubbs Hill Nature Trails, exploring Mineral Ridge Scenic Area and Trail, enjoying water activities on Coeur d’Alene Lake, or visiting Cougar Bay Nature Reserve.
Bike the North Idaho Centennial Trail
Explore the stunning scenery of Coeur d’Alene by biking along the North Idaho Centennial Trail. This car-free trail stretches for 24 miles, offering a perfect opportunity to immerse yourself in the beauty of the region. Along the way, you can soak in breathtaking views of Coeur d’Alene Lake and the surrounding nature. The North Idaho Centennial Trail is an absolute must-do activity for outdoor enthusiasts visiting Coeur d’Alene.
Hike the Tubbs Hill Nature Trails
Hike the Tubbs Hill Nature Trails and explore the natural beauty of Coeur d’Alene.
- Enjoy scenic views of Coeur d’Alene Lake.
- Take breaks and rest on one of the benches along the trails.
- Don’t forget to check out the shelter at the first overlook.
- Experience a popular outdoor activity among visitors to Coeur d’Alene.
Explore Mineral Ridge Scenic Area and Trail
Explore the Mineral Ridge Scenic Area and Trail, a 3-mile national hiking trail in Coeur d’Alene.
- Enjoy beautiful scenic overlooks of Coeur d’Alene Lake.
- Take advantage of benches along the trail for resting.
- Find shelter at the first overlook.
- Engage in outdoor activities in Coeur d’Alene with this popular hiking destination.
- Join nature lovers and hikers on this scenic trail.
Enjoy water activities on Coeur d’Alene Lake
Coeur d’Alene Lake offers a wide range of water activities for visitors to enjoy. Here are some exciting ways to make the most of your time on the lake:
- Rent a boat and cruise around the crystal – clear waters.
- Try your hand at kayaking and explore the scenic shoreline.
- Take a refreshing swim in the lake’s cool waters.
- Go fishing and try to catch some of the abundant fish species that call the lake home.
- Grab a paddleboard and navigate through the calm waves, taking in the stunning views.
- Experience the thrill of waterskiing or wakeboarding across the smooth surface.
- Join a guided tour or take a scenic cruise to learn more about the lake’s history and natural wonders.
Visit Cougar Bay Nature Reserve
Experience the natural beauty and wildlife of Coeur d’Alene by visiting Cougar Bay Nature Reserve.
- Explore the stunning forests and wildlife areas within the reserve.
- Engage in outdoor activities like hiking and biking along the picturesque trails.
- Take part in exciting water sports such as kayaking and stand – up paddleboarding.
- Marvel at the diverse wildlife that calls Cougar Bay home.
- Immerse yourself in the tranquility and serenity of this popular tourist destination.
Cultural and Artistic Experiences in Coeur d’Alene
Visit The Art Spirit Gallery, a renowned destination for contemporary art in Coeur d’Alene.
Visit The Art Spirit Gallery
The Art Spirit Gallery in Coeur d’Alene is a must-visit for art enthusiasts. This cultural hub showcases an array of captivating artwork created by local and regional talent. From stunning paintings to intricate sculptures and unique mixed media pieces, the gallery offers a diverse range of artistic expressions.
Whether you’re looking to appreciate art or even make a purchase, The Art Spirit Gallery has something for everyone. The friendly staff are knowledgeable about the artwork on display and can provide valuable insights and information during your visit.
Explore the Museum of North Idaho
The Museum of North Idaho is a must-visit attraction for tourists in Coeur d’Alene. With its multimedia exhibits, the museum offers a captivating journey through the history of the region.
Visitors can immerse themselves in the rich heritage and gain insights into how Coeur d’Alene has developed over the years. The museum also showcases local and regional talent in arts and culture, making it an ideal destination for those seeking cultural experiences.
Whether you’re interested in learning about the area’s past or exploring its artistic side, a visit to the Museum of North Idaho is sure to be enlightening and enjoyable.
Discover local artists and artisans
Coeur d’Alene has a vibrant arts and culture scene that offers visitors the opportunity to discover local artists and artisans. The region is home to talented individuals who create beautiful works of art and unique handmade crafts.
From paintings and sculptures to pottery and jewelry, there is a wide range of artistic styles and mediums to explore. By supporting these local artists, tourists can not only take home a one-of-a-kind piece but also contribute to the growth of the city’s art community.
So, be sure to visit galleries, studios, and craft fairs in Coeur d’Alene to uncover the hidden gems created by these talented artists and artisans.
Attend events at Fort Sherman Chapel
Fort Sherman Chapel is a popular event venue in Coeur d’Alene, offering a vibrant arts scene for visitors to experience. Throughout the year, the chapel hosts various cultural and artistic events, including music performances, theater shows, and art exhibitions.
By attending these events, you can support the local arts community while enjoying a wide range of creative expressions. Whether you’re interested in live music or visual arts, Fort Sherman Chapel is a must-visit destination for tourists looking to immerse themselves in Coeur d’Alene’s thriving artistic culture.
Unique Experiences in Coeur d’Alene
Experience the thrill of ziplining at Timberline Adventures, visit an alpaca ranch, enjoy wine tasting at Coeur d’Alene Cellars, try whitewater rafting, and explore the natural beauty of Red Horse Mountain Ranch.
Ready for more unique adventures in Coeur d’Alene? Keep reading!
Take a zipline tour at Timberline Adventures
Experience the thrill of a zipline tour at Timberline Adventures, one of the unique experiences in Coeur d’Alene.
- Enjoy seven unique ski trails and three sky bridges on the zipline tour.
- Feel the adrenaline rush as you soar through the treetops and across stunning landscapes.
- Capture breathtaking views of Coeur d’Alene from high above.
- Navigate through thrilling zipline obstacles and challenges along the way.
- Get your heart pumping with this exciting outdoor activity recommended by locals and tourists alike.
Visit Seven Stars Alpaca Ranch
- Interact with friendly and adorable alpacas at Seven Stars Alpaca Ranch LLC.
- Learn about the care, feeding, and grooming of alpacas from knowledgeable staff.
- Enjoy a guided tour of the ranch and get up close to these fascinating creatures.
- Shop for unique alpaca fiber products, including clothing, accessories, and home decor items.
- Attend special events and workshops to deepen your understanding of alpacas and their impact on sustainable agriculture.
Enjoy wine tasting at Coeur d’Alene Cellars
- Coeur d’Alene Cellars offers a comfortable and inviting atmosphere for wine tasting.
- The winery is known for its excellent staff and flavorful wines.
- Tourists can sample a variety of wines, including reds, whites, and rosés.
- Coeur d’Alene Cellars also offers wine flights, allowing visitors to taste multiple wines side by side.
- Visitors can learn about the winemaking process through guided tours of the facility.
- The winery often hosts special events, such as wine pairing dinners and live music performances.
- Coeur d’Alene Cellars is located near downtown Coeur d’Alene, making it easily accessible for tourists exploring the area.
Whitewater rafting and other water activities
Experience the thrill of whitewater rafting and enjoy other exciting water activities in Coeur d’Alene. Here are some options for you to make a splash:
- Take on the rapids with a thrilling whitewater rafting adventure on Coeur d’Alene Lake.
- Rent a kayak and explore the scenic beauty of the lake at your own pace.
- Try out waterskiing and feel the rush as you glide across the crystal – clear water.
- Go tubing down the Spokane River Centennial Trail, an exhilarating activity for all ages.
- Book a boat tour and relax as you cruise along the breathtaking shores of Lake Coeur d’Alene.
Explore the natural beauty of Red Horse Mountain Ranch
Discover the breathtaking natural beauty of Red Horse Mountain Ranch in Coeur d’Alene. Immerse yourself in the stunning landscapes and experience unforgettable adventures.
- Go horseback riding through picturesque trails
- Take guided hikes to explore the surrounding forests and mountains
- Enjoy thrilling zip line tours with incredible views
- Embark on scenic mountain biking excursions
- Relax and soak in the peaceful atmosphere while fishing at a nearby lake.
Experience the best of Coeur d’Alene with these 19 amazing activities. From exploring the natural beauty of Tubbs Hill and biking along the North Idaho Centennial Trail, to visiting art galleries like The Art Spirit Gallery and enjoying water activities on Coeur d’Alene Lake, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city.
Whether you’re an outdoor enthusiast, a culture lover, or seeking unique experiences, Coeur d’Alene has it all. Discover all that this beautiful destination has to offer and create memories that will last a lifetime.
1. What are some things to do in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho?
In Coeur d’Alene, you can visit the resort, explore the national forest or join a river tour.
2. Can I bring my dog to Coeur d’Alene?
Yes! There’s a leash-free dog park where your pet can have fun.
3. Are there any amusement parks near Coeur d’Alene?
Certainly! Silverwood Theme Park is an exciting spot for families to enjoy near Coeur D’Alene
4. Does the tribe have places of interest in Coeur d’Alene?
Indeed! The rich history and culture of the Coeur d’Alene tribe play a significant role in making this city one of the fascinating destinations to explore.